Wednesday, September 30, 2009

So much for Wordless Wednesday....

Like I said, I have been sewing more and more. Good news, it hasn't been for other people. With a few exceptions, I have been sewing my little fingers away to make Emma Kate's fall wardrobe. Man, I cannot wait to show you some of what I have done! I just have to pick up some notions (buttons, elastic, etc) to finish everything off. This is my favorite time to sew, because there are so many cute things to sew for Halloween, Fall, Football, TurkeyDay, Birthday and, of course, Christmas.



So, that got me to thinking about Christmas. Yes, I know that it is NOT EVEN October yet, but for someone that makes a lot of the Christmas gifts I give, I gotta start early.

I started making my list and it made me wonder, "could I hand-make 100% of Christmas this year??"

I am really thinking that is it possible. I LOVE giving handmade gifts. There is NO better reaction that when some opens something that you have made them, that they love, and that is personal. Like Bean and MeMe's picture quilts last year (yes, Mom, I promise yours is coming)? Or Hoppy's calendar of the girls? Or pottery with the girls' handprints from my all-time favorite pottery studio in Homewood?

I am thinking I will try. I know that Santa will have to provide some Barbies and Leapster games, but I am thinking that I can get by with some of this......



and a new one of these....
And this.....






And these.....
And one of these sets...
It's still just a thought, but I am liking it so far....

No comments: