Monday, October 13, 2008
Top Ten Things I Learned This Weekend....
Just a few things....
10. I love living in the Auburn/Opelika area. I knew this already. But I remember when going to an Auburn game was a well-planned, harldy ever well-executed, event that started Friday after work and did not end until I got home late Sunday night.
Well, Saturday, woke up, cleaned house and I decided about 1:30 that I was indeed going to the game, so Mike drove me to campus and I hopped out with only my bag on my shoulder (although, it was full of hotdogs and buns for the tailgate) and made it to the tent in time for Barry's brilliant songs.
9. I think I may be attempting to make a love match with a certain high school classmate/ relative of sorts and a dear friend. Stay tuned.
8. My family is hilarious. OK, I already knew this, but really all of them could make a living at comedy. Hilarious. I love Auburn football, not only because it is Auburn football, but because that means I get to spend a lot of time with my family. And laugh....a lot. Emma Kate fits right in.
7. I miss my nephews terribly. They were here for a short visit. Emma Kate worships them and cannot stop talking about them. I want them to move here. Stay tuned.
6. I beleive in Auburn and love it, but Saturday was painful. I have a pending root canal that I may schedule for November 15th because it will be less painful than watching the Georgia game.
5. My dog is the most patient dog of all time. Emma Kate rides her. She smothers her. She loves on her constantly. And sweet Lucy just sits there and licks her. It is amaazing.
4. My grandmother is a 76 year old woman who can still hold her own with 5 kids in a backyard. Unbelievable. I guess that is what having twin boys in the 50's (before pampers and with no washing machine or car) will do to a woman.
3. My mom loves me. OK, I knew this one too, but she is the only one willing to wait with me in the stadium, after a hideous loss to Arkansas, so that I can sing the Alama Mater with the band. I know, I am a dork, but my momma loves me.
2. Emma Kate makes me laugh out loud at least 10 times a day. Not a chuckle, but a belly laugh. She is one of the funniest kids I know. But then, so are my nephews. REfer to # 8.
And number one.............My husband is the best daddy in the world. No, really. I am very educated on how bad a dad can be. My husband is the opposite. I do not know anyone who can go through what he has gone through lately. Mike is the exact opposite of my own father and I should thank him for that every day. I knew when I married him that he was a good daddy, but he has amazed me lately. Emma Kate and Ashley are lucky to be able to call him "daddy" and I am lucky to be able to call him my husband.