Thursday, August 27, 2009

Laura Elizabeth Thompson

Two of my favorite people in the entire universe are my big bro, Danny and my sister-in-law, Melinda. Danny met Melinda in High School. The same high school where I met MikeyT. Melinda and MikeyT were in the same class, smack dab in between Danny and me. Every time we are all four together, someone is sure to say, "When we were growing up, did you ever think that Melinda and Mike would be madly in love with the same group of kiddos?" Nope. Looking back it seems so crazy. We all stomped the same grounds. We all attended the same prom (Wonderful Tonight, flashback to 1993). We all graduated, although in different years, wearing the same bright red cap and gown; we were all Warriors. It's just funny.
Melinda and Danny are really good at making really cute little boys. They have made three of them. They are my three favorite little boys in the entire universe. Mike loves them, too. Ashley adores them. Emma Kate thinks they are on this earth to entertain her. But, you cannot blame her for that, they are really good at that job.

After Sean, we thought they were done making babies. But alas, they would try one more time. I was sure they would end up with four boys. I had no doubt it would be a boy. Everyone, EVERYONE, that I know that has three boys and tried just-one-more-time for a girl, ended up with four boys.
So, imagine my surprise when we found out it was a girl. Buddy, I sprang into action. I had clothes to box up, pink boppies to clean and girly toys to hand down.
So, without further delay, I am pleased to introduce you to my one and only niece,
Laura Elizabeth Thompson.
I am in love.
I am going to meet her in person on Saturday, but I have already skyped her multiple times. I am squirming in my seat at work, just thinking about holding her. Saturday cannot get here soon enough. Until, this will have to suffice.

No comments: