Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Parting is such sweet tea sorrow....

Today marks the first day of Lent. This is my favorite time of year and second favorite holiday. (Christmas, of course, is first.) I always give something up for Lent and this year, like in years past, it is sweet tea. That will be difficult for me, as I do not drink coffee and usually get my only caffeine fix from a glorious glass of sweet tea. Mmmmm.
But, despite the 'no sweet tea' thing, I love this time of year. I love the lessons at church during time. I love Ash Wednesday service (I am getting my ashes tonight). I love the weather and the flowers blooming. I love Easter Cantatas and egg hunts. And EASTER DRESSES are my favorite. I have already designed Emma Kate's in my head and just have to find the time to make it. It will probably be late one night, after EK has gone to sleep and I will be super tired from a long day. I will sit at the sewing machine and reach for my sweet tea to keep me motivated. Oh, darn...no sweet tea until Easter morning.

No comments: