Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Good News, Bad News....



I first want to apologize to my dear friends that also love Auburn as I do. I did not mean to rub it in. However, I would like to mention that I am sitting in my office watching ESPN set up GameDay. I'm just sayin' is all.
So, the good news is, ESPN Game Day is right by where my family tailgates near the new student parking deck. Right by the new student union. Right by the stadium. Corner of War Eagle and Go Tigers.
Bad news is, ESPN GameDay is right by where my family tailgates. You see, my brother, my aunt and my husband are devout Auburn Football fans. They are almost obsessed. And they do not like LSU fans. I will not go into detail, but lets just say there was a "stadium arrest" one year at LSU. I'm just sayin' is all.
ESPN Gameday will bring a large crowd very close to our tailgate that will include the Auburn faithful, with their chests painted orange and blue and their "Dunn for Heisman" posters. It will also include LSU fans with their mardi gras beads and the all too familiar scent, Eau de Parfum, "Bourbon in the Morning."
They will be loud. They will be rowdy. They will be drunk. I am fearful that one will "accidently" cross that orange and blue boundry made up of auburn bows and little helmet grills and the violence will follow. It will be nasty, possible bloody.
Then, my brother and my husband will have to join in to help my aunt.
So, please keep me in your thoughts this weekend as I cheer on my beloved Auburn and try to keep the peace between the Tigers and the Tigers.
War Eagle!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Funny. But now still longing for the smells of game day.