Friday, January 29, 2010

Funny things

Emma Kate is like me in that she hates the cold. Wednesday before as I was getting her ready for school, i told her it was going to be cold again. She said..
"Mommmmmy, noooooooooooo. I don't want it to be cold. I want to tell Jesus that I don't want it to be cold anymore."
Feeling exited that she at least understood the concept of talking to God (since I AM her Sunday school teacher --along with Allyson), I said...
"That is great honey. I think God knows what he is doing with the whole weather thing, but you can talk to him about anything, anytime." My heart was happy with this little convo on this cold Wednesday morning.
Then she said "Good, I am going to tell Santa Claus and Aubie just to make sure everyone knows."
Looks like we have some work to do in Sunday school this week.
Here are some quick pics of the week:
The Mighty Mighty Nuggets won another close game. They are 4-0. My husband & brother make a good team and they have never lost a rec game in the two years they have been doing it. (Although, I have probably jinxed them for next week). There were no fireworks this week.....no nasty coaches, no bad calls. Just a really hard-fought win. And a very loud and ornery three year old in the stands, but that is another post.
We also headed to the Auburn game, which was not a victory, but EK was in a better mood.

PS--Mike's mouth is fixed thanks to Dr. Keith Thompson! Yay!

1 comment:

The Fite Family said...

I love that she needs to make sure everyone is in check...just to make sure.