Tuesday, March 16, 2010

The End.

March signaled a lot of endings. First, The Mighty Might Nuggets ended their season with a devastating loss in the Championship Game. Sad, but they played hard on Wed, Friday and again on Saturday. Coaches and players (and fans) were sad, but it only means that Mighty Mighty Raptor travel basketball is about to start. It is a lot of fun. I know that sometimes I complain because it is a lot of work and a big commitment, but I love these kids. They love Coach Mike and Coach Deuce (brother michael) and they ADORE Emma Kate. The feeling is mutual. She is still madly in love with her bassetball boyz and they all do a great job of keeping her entertained. And I LOVE to see Mikey T and Deuce with these guys. We all sacrifice a lot, but we wouldn't have it any other way.Next, the end of the Beard-Eaves Coliseum. Sad. I have a lot of fun memories in that coliseum dating back to cheer camp in the ninth grade (Twin, DO YOU REMEMBER how HOT you got?? That is all I will say.) I watched a bazillion basketball and gymnastic meets there, both as a college student and as an alum. I watched friends become student athletes on that court and I graduated on that court. (Twin was there then, too) I had classes in that building and Emma Kate met her boyfriend, Aubie in that building. It has been true love ever since. I watched cousins and friends graduate there and I saw my fair share of concerts there as well. It is a horrid building. It was a inconvenient design and did nothing for Auburn recruiting. But the memories I have in that building are special and dear to me, so it was sad to attend the very last basketball game ever to be held there (Twin, you were there TOO!). It was a great ceremony and game!href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEg4-iTFhN3b-7YlYdnBydMT1gxWUHpSDcyooycCmMUMeWU6Cnpn6L8kebuaS_tT1AFHUKv1bRZ27fWmm1E4rrYA1113AjU1TS8FEL-v9l3Io0_bGWT_Xs2_tWPNvEte3LfwTMXCQhS9cOs/s1600-h/Picture+099.jpg">It was also the end of us shacking up with Mom. She was GRACIOUS enough to let us live with her for several months while we were in between our homes, and we cannot thank her enough. We are now just a hop, skip and jump away from her, although we are in Auburn proper now.

Finally, we have finally ended the reign of the pull-up. Emma Kate decided that it was finally time to be a full-time potty goer. My checkbook is very excited about this one!!! Once she decided, that was it. We haven't had any accidents. I tried to push her and that didn't work. Everyone said, "once she is ready you will know." In all of my control-freak issues, I tried to do it on my terms, but it was not working. Then one day, without bribes or threats or anything in-between, she was done. And she hasn't looked back. It is such a relief.

So, with the end of winter came a lot of endings, but all that means is we have a lot of new beginnings to look forward to!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Twin thanks for not a lot of details for getting hot! I LOVE YOU! I need to post my pics from Beard Eaves...feel like we should have tipped a 40 oz. Slumber party soon!