Thursday, October 8, 2009

NieNie & Cora



I am a blog stalker. I am. And I can admit it. I have a google reader account that follows, oh, about a hundred blogs a day. Some days, when I have some down time at work, I try to clean out my google reader. Some, I follow more closely than others. I read my dear friends' blogs every day. Some crafters' blogs, I check every week to get craft inspiration. I read some mom blogs and even some fashion blogs, which is hilarious in itself.
Then, there are the blogs that I am addicted to. Women I have never met, who have gone through more than I can imagine. Pain and struggle that is almost too hard to read about. When both these women were in the midst of their greatest pain, I could hardly stand to read their blogs. But, I did. There were even days I was hiding behind my desk at work crying.


Like, the Macs. The day that baby Cora passed away I cried like I personally knew the family. I followed her blog before Cora was sick, during her brief illness and since her death. I followed the amazing thing that happened when other bloggers, strangers like me, took it upon themselves to sell crafts on Etsy to raise money for Cora's playground. Amazing. Inspiring.

Then, there is NieNie. If you are not reading this blog, you should be. I read this blog before it was about healing. I read it when it was about motherhood and family and crafting. Nie Nie blogged everyday, if not more than once. Then, there were a few days of silence. Then her sister blogged to tell us about the horrid accident which NieNie barely survived. Her sister gave updates on the blog for months while NieNie was in a medically induced coma and then Nie Nie was well enough to blog herself. Now, the blog is still about motherhood and family-- and healing.

She is strong and inspirational. So much so that this gal noticed and had her on the show. I don't get local channels (darn you Direct TV!!) so I had to watch clips in the website. You should, too.
Gosh, it makes me just sit back and realize that when I huff and puff about the chore of giving Emma Kate a bath or playing puzzles with her I am being an idiot. So, now I cannot wait to get home, hug my little girl really tight, give her a bath and play puzzles. Because I, unlike NieNie, can.

1 comment:

Paige Steel said...

Okay.. i have a couple of comments.
1) why have you not shared these with me before???
2) i saw that Oprah, which is strange because i NEVER watch Oprah!!
Thanks for sharing..