Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Emma Houdini

I have been looking back at old pictures to prepare for Emma Kate's 4th birthday post (let's not talk about that, it cannot be possible that she is 4.....or only 4.....I'm not sure which).  Looking back I remember that baby girl never liked restraints.  At four months old, she inched her way out of her pumpkin seat while I took a 3 minute shower.  
At just over 6 months, the DAY I had knee surgery, she decided to go mobile and crawl. At 8 months she scaled the first of many baby gates and hurled herself to the other side.  At 10 months she pushed a box over to our front door, crawled upon the box, turned the doorknob, pushed the box back away from the door and crawled down the front stairs into a pile of leaves in the front yard, which is where I found her.  At eleven months, she learned how to undo the buckles on her forward-facing car seat and when I looked in my rear view mirror I saw her standing up in the back seat waving at those behind us....on the interstate.  (This is the famous day when I used packing tape to get her home safely)  She walked to her 1 year old birthday party like a pro.  At 14 months she could unlock deadbolts and get out any front or back faster than we could get to her. 
 
At 16 months, she snuck out of Bean's house and was at MaMa's front door before we knew she was even gone. Luckily they were only two houses from one another. At 18 months she was in a big girl bed for good, since she just crawled out of her crib or pack-in-play. 
 Additionally, she never wanted to be in the ride, unless she had control. She had a zebra with wheels that she would ride down the hill at full speed at 18 months.  She never wanted to be in the wagon or car, only pushing or pulling it.
 I could go on and on, but I think you get the point. Well, it seems old habits die hard. Last night, she wanted some candy and we told her no.  Five minutes later, this is what I found.........

2 comments:

The Fite Family said...

Priceless. They just keep getting smarter and smarter.

aedozier said...

OH MY WORD! MM does the same thing...climbing to get what she wants when she is told no. They are growing up WAY too fast!