Monday, December 14, 2009

Getting Closer

One of the many things I love most about Emma Kate is that she is not a greedy child. To be "an only child" (since Sissy lives in Florida) she is very good about sharing and not asking for much. Her daily request for candy is really the only thing I get tired of.
When preparing for our many meetings with Santa, she has only requested one thing, The Hungry Hipponapotomamous game. She sees the commercial while watching the only TV that she cares about, Sprout. And that, my friends, is the one thing she has asked for for Christmas.
The other day, I was trying to pry some more things out of her, when she looked at me and said "Mom, I already told you I want the Hippo game. And maybe some new puzzles. That is it, I don't need anything else."
Wow. To be humbled by a three year old is, well, humbling. This child has everything she could possibly need or want. Not because she is spoiled (because she is not) but because she realizes what most adults, including myself, sometimes forget. It is not about wanting more stuff, but being perfectly content with what you already have.
She teaches me something new everyday.


PS....

I hope you were all blessed by a Christmas program as good as the one I went to last night at our church, AUMC. It was amazing.

No comments: