Thursday, July 2, 2009

Happy Heart

This is my family. All of us-together.

These two sisters are so funny together. It is like they are never apart. I don't have a sister, but I have two brothers so I totally get the sibling-bond thing. What amazes me is that these two see each other for 2 long visits each year and an occasional mini visit when we can work it out. Now that Ashley can fly by herself, I am pretty sure this one is going to be demanding more mini-visits.

This was the day we left Daytona. The car ride was great. Long, but great. The two gals are great riders. Emma Kate didn't complain once...you could often find her staring at Ashley in disbelief that she was really, finally, sitting next to her on our way home.
Last night as Emma Kate, Ash and I were laying in bed working on a craft project (we do a lot of crafting when Ash is here!!) Emma Kate was really quiet and you could tell she was considering something very serious... Emma Kate looked at me and very thoughtfully said....
"Is dat my sissy?" And I said, "Of course."
EK:"She still at my house?"
Me: "Of course."
EK: using words I have never heard her use before...."I so ed-sited."
Me: "You are so what?"
EK: "I jus' so excited."

It was priceless and it made my heart happy.

No comments: